Application Process – Korea
(1) A bachelor’s degree.
(2) Students graduating in 2017 may also apply.
(3) Male applications must either be exempt from or have completed their military service.
(4) TOEFL iBT score: 79 or over for master’s programs, 69 or over for bachelor’s programs, and 61 or over for FP; test must have been taken after August 2014. IELTS: 6.0 or over for master’s programs, 5.5 or over for bachelor’s programs, and 5.0 or over for FP; test must have been taken after August 2014.
(5) Master’s program applicants must have a GRE score.
Note: At the very latest, IELTS, TOEFL iBT, and/or GRE scores must be submitted before January 15, 2017.
How to Apply
- Application form: only use black pen to fill in the application form. The form can be downloaded on the internet → Download Application Form
- 1 x 2 inch photograph: Please stick the photograph on to the space provided on the application form, then scan and save the application form as a PDF file.
- English self-introduction and future plan (essay): written in English on one A4 page, this plan will be read by ALLEX’s interviews and may include:
(1) Your academic history and related expertise.
(2) Explanation of why you are interested in teaching Korean in exchange for a full scholarship with the ALLEX program.
(3) How the ALLEX program can help you.
(4) If you want to study a degree, what impact this degree will have on your future goals.
(5) Other: your enthusiasm for teaching, your plans for the future, your interest in cultural exchange, etc.
- Copy of your TOEFL transcript: applicants applying for the 2 year TAP must have TOEFL scores. Those applying for the 1 year FP can use an IELTS score of 5.5 and over instead of a TOEFL score. TOEFL scores are not required for applicants who have already obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree in an English-speaking country.
- Copy of GRE transcript: master’s program applicants must have a GRE score. There is no minimum for GRE scores, but a decision will be made by the university and the higher the score the higher the chance of being accepted.
- Scan and save the application form as a PDF and send it to email@example.com.
(1) The applicant form must be filled in by hand.
(2) Please scan the application form after you have attached your photograph to the space provided.
(3) Please place all documents that need to be scanned into a single PDF document.
Application deadline: Priority Deadline: December 15, 2016. Applications after this date are considered on a rolling basis. Contact us to inquire whether the application pool is still open.
Application fee: $0